Monday, April 16, 2012

The View's Not So Bad From Up Here !




So, I have made the decision to throw myself whole-heartedly into dressage. Now comes the fun part- trying to find a dressage instructor! This is made even more difficult for me because of my past experiences with Sue Kolstad. When you have ridden with someone you view to be the absolute best, how do you trust yourself and your horse to someone you don't really even know?




I have attempted to do the "self-training" thing with the help of a very good book entitled Feeling Dressage, but it's not the same as having an upper level dressage rider school you and fix your horse when need be. Through riding with Sue I learned that there are some things that only a Grand Prix Master can teach you-and that would be Sue! I plan on trailering up to Boone County to ride with Sue, but that will have to wait until my trailer is ready.




So, I went onto the KDA website and attempted to hunt down an instructor. Since I am new to the sport of Dressage, I know absolutely no one. I did find an eventer that shows CCI**** and have elected to give her a go. I am working out the details even as we speak!




Jordi has had his teeth floated, well care done and we are ready. This morning I began my own personal fitness routine- working out in the house, stretching, trying to make sure that I keep myself as sound as Jordi has ended up being. Last weekend we had a leisurely walk in the fields- the calm before the storm of actual training for the season.




I am looking forward to getting deeper into dressage- thankfully Sue Kolstad has infused me with a love for it. I no longer feel like I'm losing eventing, but rather like I'm gaining a new and grand adventure! There is nothing quite like the communication between 2 different species as they attempt to execute precise, synchronized movements as one being. Its all most as nice as the leisurely walks Jordi and I partake in after our daily sessions. Yes, I think regardless of the path we take, the view is going to always be spectacular from between Jordi's ears!

No comments:

Post a Comment